>> Saturday, November 17, 2012
I knew I forgot to do something yesterday! It's been a while since I last shared links to you, so I'm going to make it extra special. (Read: More links than usual.)
- First there were cupcake ATMs, and now this! Would you feel comfortable dining at a kitchen-free restaurant, where machines do the food prep and cooking instead of real people?
- If robots are in charge of our food now, perhaps we can put food to use in what machines are supposed to be doing. Check out the power of the orange, for instance. And by power, I don't mean Vitamin C. I mean, real electricity that powers a light bulb!
- I don't know about you, but I eat (and drink, and...) my feelings sometimes. These expressive cookies by Bee in Our Bonnet is taking "eating your feelings" to another level with emoticon-inspired edibles that will send iPhone fanatics lining up. No, these aren't available at your nearest Apple Store.
- We, and our food, are not the only ones with feelings. Celebrity chefs can be pretty much driven by emotions as well, like that time when Jamie Oliver burned his copy of Anthony Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential.
- Don't you just wish we can erase our feelings away? While we can't make those disappear, how about disappearing tableware instead? Included in this line of optical illusion objects are bowls, glasses, vases and even candle holders that seem to be disappearing or unfinished.
- This dog may very well be invisible as well. The world's smallest dog is only the size of a can of Coke!
- I love my okra. Most Filipinos do. But my okra is usually steamed or boiled. How would you feel about pickled ones?
- All's well with Oliver and Bourdain, so perhaps Oliver will love Bourdain's new show (as much as he loved Kitchen Confidential in the first place!) with CNN called 'Parts Unknown'. Are you excited? I am! But we have to wait until 2013. In the meantime, watch this preview.
- Would you bid on a dinner experience with BFFs Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali? It's for charity, of course.
- But who needs to go out for dinner if you have this: 3D chocolate printer! Make your own chocolate treats at home.
- If that isn't decadent enough, how about ice cream turkey for Thanksgiving? Anyone? Baskin-Robbins thinks you'd like that.